Friday, 30 September 2011

My 5 Favourite Makeup Products

This is a feature on my 5 favourite make-up products, all of which I use every day and couldn't live without.


1. Illamasqua Precision Ink - Liquid Eyeliner - £17.00

I prefer using liquid eyeliner to gel or pencil as it gives a much sharper look, however it's probably the most difficult to use. This is my go-to liner as it lasts all day (and all night) long, is waterproof, doesn't smudge and has a really fine tip for a more precise application.


2. Benefit Lemon Aid - Eye Primer - £16.50

I couldn't do my eye makeup properly without using this first ! I love it because as well as being an eyeshadow primer, it is also a colour-corrector and hides any redness, veins or discoloration on your eyelids. It makes any eyeshadow I use last longer, go on smoother, blend more easily, stops it from creasing and keeps the colour as fresh all through the day as when I first apply it.


3. Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Foundation - £29.00

I have tried and tested many foundations and found that this is the best for my skin. Since this foundation is oil-free my skin has actually improved since I started using it. It stops my face looking shiny throughout the day and has a nice, semi-matte finish. It has buildable coverage but even after I have used a few layers it doesn't look cakey, it looks really natural as if I haven't got any foundation on.


4. Eyelure False Lashes - from £3.00
If I'm going out I feel that no look is complete without fake eyelashes, big or small, natural or dramatic ! Eyelure have a vast range of different styles from their "Naturalites" to their dramatic double-layered lashes. They can be used over and over with the right care and the eyelash adhesive they come with performs well too, unlike most chemist-bought lash glues.


5. Tigi Bed Head Cyberoptics Eyeshadow in "Passion" - £4.95

I don't have a favourite eyeshadow colour or brand or whatever, but if I'm pressed for time this is my go-to eyeshadow. I've never seen a colour like it anywhere else. It goes on like a dark reddish-pink and is highly pigmented with glitter. Even without primer underneath it lasts all day, only the shimmer fades a little. I have been using this particular eyeshadow since I had my hair the same colour in 2006 and I always buy it again !

2 comments:

  1. These are some really good product recommendations and I am also a fan of Eyelure.

    ReplyDelete