Friday, 16 September 2011

Style Icons

I don't really have a 'style icon' whose fashion I follow - if I like something, I'll wear it, but there are two (very different!) people who have attributes of style, hair, makeup and attitude that I really like for different reasons.


Amy Lee

Amy Lee is the singer of Evanescence who were my favourite band when I was younger. I'm not so much into their music now but she is still one of the closest things I have to a style icon. Most people would class her style as "gothic" or "alternative" if they had to put a label on it. I like how she would pair things that usually wouldn't work together, i.e. a delicate-looking lacy dress with fishnet tights and big boots. She always wears dark eye-makeup and has very long, voluminous hair. She has also always spoken out about how she doesn't care about her weight which has went up and down over the years) because she doesn't think it's right for women to worry about being thin: being healthy and happy with yourself is more important.





Sheri Moon

Sheri Moon is an actress and is married to one of my favourite metal musicians Rob Zombie. I particularly like her character 'Baby' in film "House Of 1000 Corpses" who she has said she's similar to fashion-wise herself. She often wears things like ripped jeans, short tops with holes in them and skin tight leggings. She has very long, voluminous blonde hair which is always slightly messy and tousled-looking which I really like. In interviews she comes across as a very friendly, yet no-nonsense type of person, who in her own words "won't take any ****".

2 comments:

  1. You're blog looks fantastic and it's great to see that you've already posted your style icons.

    Well done for what you've achieved so far.

    ReplyDelete